What is Your Members and is it suitable for me?
Your Members, a WordPress CMS (Content Management System) plugin, helps you manage content, access, and security to help you build and manage membership websites. Some of the things you can do with it include:
- Membership registration allowing you to create and modify users or let the users generate their own profiles, with the ability to specify different fields on registration forms and to export that data to other applications.
- Take single or recurring online payments, as well as manage offline payments like cheques, cash or standing orders through the invoice management screen.
- Manage members’ access to content. Quickly create content via the standard WordPress post/page (or custom post type). Then, you can protect the published content, either in part or in whole, so only authorised members on the correct package will be able to see it.
- Manage how and when members can access content with drip feeding. So, when a new member registers, you can grant them access to several pages, and spread out access to them over a defined period. This way, you can regularly engage with users, and new members won’t be overwhelmed by a sudden huge amount of content.
- Email Marketing. Contact your members either via a one off email, or a timed series of emails called Autoresponders. You can also use third party applications like MailChimp and Aweber to send emails, run full email marketing campaigns, or just interact with your members.
- Video streaming. Use Amazon servers with Your Members to serve up secure videos, so only authorised members will have access to the videos. If the member “shares” the video with their friends, it will only work for the member and not their friends, so you never have to worry about stolen content
- Membership is not just restricted to a normal site. More and more businesses and organisations use Facebook as their primary audience. But now, creating a Facebook membership site is easy with the Your Members dedicated Facebook component. Using a seamless sign up process, you can provide unique content for your members right inside Facebook itself.
So what sort of sites use Your Members?
Your Members is in use on thousands of websites today, from online courses, to local scout groups. It is used where ever there is a need to collect information and potential but not always payment from people. Your Members is the primary business tool for hundreds of companies whos business all rely on providing secure content to paying users. Here are just a few examples of our client base:
- Non Government Organisations – From political think tanks to charities Your Members is used by the non profit sector to organise membership, take donations, and manage outreach campaigns.
- Professional bodies – From Interpreters to Engineers, professional bodies across the world use Your Members to allow members to access material, sign up and renew membership fees. Publish and manage lists and manage accreditation.
- Online courses – It doesn’t matter if it’s learning a new language or to play the guitar online courses are becoming more and more common and with Your Members you can easily turn WordPress into a fully fledged LMS (Learning management system)
- Pay to View – from sports to niche entertainment the ability to pay for content access is now big business and Your Members gives you the power to manage and protect content and to take payments quickly and easily regardless of niche.
- Paywalls – Newspapers and magazines have moved from traditional print to online and managing access to these online magazines or simply individual articles becomes a challenge that Your Members takes care of, allowing organisations to manage their online and offline subscriptions and purchase individual articles with ease.
We have only just scratched the surface of what you can do with WordPress and Your Members. If we haven’t convinced you to check out why Your Members is a good fit for any membership site, see here for a full list of features. Finally when your ready to take the plunge check out the pricing page to get started with Your Members.